Serving the Children and Families of Bridgeview
Summer Reading Program
Everyone registered for Summer Reading is eligible to participate in Summer Weekly Programs!
School's Out - but reading never stops!
We want to Rock n Roll all night & READ books everyday!!
****Summer Reading Program "Need to know" information****
Bridgeview residents registration begins Monday, May 18th. Library Card or Drivers license needed for proof of residency.
Outside community registration begins Tuesday, May 26th.
NO READING REGISTRATION AFTER SATURDAY, JUNE 20th.
- Stop in Children's Services to register and receive log and program information.
- Begin tracking reading minutes immediately.
- Reading log check in and prizes begin June 15th.
- Read 100 minutes a week for fun prizes.
- You may only check in once a week.
- Weekly program registration is taken one week at a time, it is first come and first served basis.
- On time is the best time! Participants will not be allowed to enter program if more than 5 minutes late!
Summer Weekly Programs
Registration for Bridgeview is May 18th - Outside Community May 26th
The next 6 weeks of programs will run June 15th to July 25th.
All programs require registration and space may be limited. Some programs do require that participants be a certain age, these guidelines are used to ensure a pleasant experience for all participants. All families enrolled in school districts 109, 117, and 122 are invited to register. Please stop in the library to register today. Brochures and Calendars are available at the Children's Desk.
EVERYONE MUST REGISTER AND BE ON TIME FOR PROGRAMS
Please plan to be at the library 10 minutes before your registered program or event begins. PLEASE BE ADVISED if you are more than 5 minutes late for a program or event you may not be able to participate. Due to preparation needs and limited supplies, children must be registered at least 24hours before event or program. We will no longer register children less than 24hours before event or weekly program. Please see a Youth Services Associate at the Youth Reference desk for any questions.
BRAINFUSE HelpNow Tutoring
Free Online Tutors
Anytime - Anywhere
World Book Kids is the premier online resource developed especially for young users. The site has been optimized for tablets and features image-based navigation, easy-to-read articles, thousands of images and videos as well as a wealth of engaging games, science projects, and activities.
World Book Kids features:
* A variety of simple search and browse navigation options
* Thousands of easy-to-read articles with embedded multimedia
* Engaging images, illustrations, videos, maps, and animations
* More than 50 challenging games across five subject areas
* A tool for exploring and comparing animals and places
* An Important People feature to help students search and browse through thousands of biographies
* A collection of age-appropriate science projects and activities
* An atlas, interactive maps, and outline maps and flags
* Teacher resources
Baby Chicks have hatched!!!
4H Embryology program has successful hatches!
What's new at the Library?
Check out our new Spring boards!
Chicago Wolves Visit 2015
Meet and Greet with Wolves player #37 Terry Broadhurst
Look what the Iwrite Club has done!
Iwrite October 2014
The Iwrite Club is proud to present their completed book! Click the image below to take a look!
KIDS eREADING ROOM
Just for Kids!
New to Media on Demand, just for KIDS!
This site only includes content with juvenile subjects; other subjects are not discoverable from this site. Juvenile content will also continue to be accessible from the existing Media on Demand site. Click the picture above to try it out!
LEARN A LANGUAGE WITH LITTLE PIM