Serving the Children and Families of Bridgeview
The Youth Services Department strives to offer quality programs to the children and families of Bridgeview. Literacy based activities and programs are offered for all ages at no charge. Please check out the calendar link on the library's home page or pick up a brochure and calendar at the Children's Desk.
WINTER READING 2016 - 8 weeks of Fun at the Library!
Winter reading starts January 18th and ends March 12th
In partnership with:
Stop in Children's Services to register and receive a reading log and program information.
- Registation begins January 4th and ends January 15th.
- Begin tracking reading minutes immediately.
- Reading log check in and Prizes begin January 18th.
- You may only check in ONCE A WEEK!
Weekly Program Information
Important Information on Winter 2016 Program Participation Requirements
There will be No Pre-Registration for Winter Programs, instead Sign up for programs will begin half an hour before the start of each program or event.
For example Kids Craft begins at 6:30pm on Tuesday Evenings, there are 20 spaces available for this program. At 6pm families are asked to come to the children's reference desk to recieve a ticket for admittance to the craft program. Once all 20 spaces are filled the program is closed. Program admittance will close 10 minutes after the start of the program.
*First come - First serve.
* Please be advised that space is limited and a maximum capacity has been set for each program. Program materials will be prepared to accomodate the maximum amount of participants for each program, there will be no extra space.
*Programs require that participants be within a certain age range, these guidelines are used to ensure a pleasant experience for all participants. Age requirements will be enforced, thank you for your understanding. If a program is for all ages it will be stated in the brochure or on the website.
All families enrolled in school districts 109, 117, and 122 are invited to attend programs. Please stop in the library today for Fall Brochures and Calendars at the Children's Desk.
Please make an effort to be On Time for Programs
Sign-up begins 30 minutes before start of program. PLEASE BE ADVISED if you are more than 10 minutes late for a program or event you may not be able to participate. Please see a Youth Services Associate at the Youth Reference desk for any questions.
BRAINFUSE HelpNow Tutoring
Free Online Tutors
Anytime - Anywhere
World Book Kids is the premier online resource developed especially for young users. The site has been optimized for tablets and features image-based navigation, easy-to-read articles, thousands of images and videos as well as a wealth of engaging games, science projects, and activities.
World Book Kids features:
* A variety of simple search and browse navigation options
* Thousands of easy-to-read articles with embedded multimedia
* Engaging images, illustrations, videos, maps, and animations
* More than 50 challenging games across five subject areas
* A tool for exploring and comparing animals and places
* An Important People feature to help students search and browse through thousands of biographies
* A collection of age-appropriate science projects and activities
* An atlas, interactive maps, and outline maps and flags
* Teacher resources
KIDS eREADING ROOM
Just for Kids!
New to Media on Demand, just for KIDS!
This site only includes content with juvenile subjects; other subjects are not discoverable from this site. Juvenile content will also continue to be accessible from the existing Media on Demand site. Click the picture above to try it out!
LEARN A LANGUAGE WITH LITTLE PIM